Who Needs an EPC?
Any Property Being Sold or Let Now Needs An EPC
- 1st May 2007 - all new buildings require an EPC.
- 1st December 2008 - all sellers of existing dwellings must provide a Home Report which includes an EPC.
- 4th January 2009 - anyone selling any other building or running a public building must display an EPC.
- 4th January 2009 - homes advertised for rent must have an EPC.
- 4th January 2009 - new tenants moving into a property must be provided with an EPC.
You can find all the legislation regarding Energy Performance Certificates through the Scottish Building Standards website